DEALING WITH POLICE - AUTHORITIES PHRASES

I haven't done anything wrong. 
No he hecho nada malo. (NOH ay AY-choh NAH-dah MAH-loh)
It was a misunderstanding. 
Es un malentendido. (AYSS oon MAHL-ayn-tayn-DEE-doh)
Where are you taking me? 
¿Dónde me lleva? (DOHN-day may YAY-bah?)
Am I under arrest? 
¿Estoy arrestado/a? (ay-STOY AHRR-ay-STAH-doh/dah?)
I am an American/Australian/British/Canadian citizen. 
Soy ciudadano estadounidense/australiano/inglés/canadiense.
I want to talk to the American/Australian/British/Canadian embassy/consulate. 
Quiero hablar con la embajada/el consulado estadounidense/australiano/inglés/canadiense.
I want to talk to a lawyer. 
Quiero hablar con un abogado. (KYAY-roh ah-BLAHR cohn oon AH-boh-GAH-doh)
Can I just pay a fine now? 
¿Puedo pagar la multa ahora? (PWAY-doh pah-GAR lah MOOL-tah ah-OH-rah?)

Comments

Ads